Week 20 – Spring Cleaning


You already know I’m a spreadsheet geek, so it wouldn’t be a surprise that I created a monster spreadsheet about two years ago to manage the program I’m in charge of at work.  Well, our new leadership wanted to see our numbers presented in a different way, so that caused me about 25 – 30 hours worth of work restructuring the spreadsheet to meet the new requirements.  (Told you it was a monster!) 

Anyhow, by Friday morning, I had completed it and it tied off dollar-for-dollar with the old spreadsheet.  I let out a not-so-quiet “Woo-hoo!!!” when I finished the validation.  At the end of the day, I wound up at the local watering hole celebrating with two of our financial analysts.  I’m now an official honorary Finance geek.  But an old one.  Their combined ages was still less than my age.  Ugh.

*     *     *

For some reason, over the last few days I’ve had a spring cleaning bug.  Unfortunately, the more I cleaned, the bigger the mess I had.  That’s not how it’s supposed to work.

It started on Saturday with me searching for something in my file cabinet.  The next thing you know, it looked like a paper explosion hit my home office.  I had crap everywhere.  Old bills, reports, notes from grad school–you name it, it was there.

I fired up the shredder and got rid of a lot of it, and reorganized what was left.  I still had a stack to shred on Wednesday night.

Saturday, I also got out and messed around with a little photography for the first time in a long time.  It was sunny, but colder than I expected, so I didn’t stay out too long.

*     *     *

Sunday was tax day.  I had started them in late January/early February when I was still on leave, but sat on them until now (in part, because the IRS wasn’t accepting itemized returns until after mid-February.)  I’m glad to have that monkey off my back.

*    *     *


Healthwise, I’m doing okay.  The head cold I had as all but gone away.  I still have a little tickle in my throat that will cause me to cough now and again (and the associated equal but opposite reaction down below).  Others who had the same cold said it took about two weeks for it to fully clear.

The incontinence continues to improve.  Not as fast as I’d like, but it’s getting better, slowly but surely.  In fact, I spent Sunday around the house doing taxes and some other odds and ends, and I did it without wearing an absorbant pad all day long.  I found myself moving just a little more carefully to make sure that nothing happened, and it didn’t.  Monday at work, I probably could have gotten away without the pads; Tuesday, probably not.  I can still get through the night without them.

And speaking of getting through the night… The multiple runs to the bathroom throught he middle of the night have all but stopped (except when I’m stupid and drink too much too close to bedtime).  That makes me a much more pleasant person during the day when compared to the sleep-deprived version of me.

Next week I finally have my appointment with the optometrist to check my eyes.  You may recall that I stopped taking the Cialis because listed side effects were blurred or complete loss of vision.  I’m not sure if he’ll be able to tie the two together or not–or if it’s just the fact that I spend 25-30 hours looking at one spreadsheet!

So that’s been the last week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.