Last night I went to bed around 11:30 after watching a rerun of Saving Private Ryan on television, and I didn’t have any problem falling asleep. I was feeling a bit run down, so I closed my curtains and didn’t set the alarm for this morning.
I guess my body needed the rest. The next time I looked at the clock, it was just after 11:00 AM! Yikes!
Saturday night I felt as though I was getting a few sniffles and they seemed to persist through today. I’ve really tried to keep healthy through this, and the last thing that I want to get is a head cold right now. It may be enough to postpone the surgery.
If that happens, I’ll be pissed. There are too many wheels in motion that will have to be brought to a screeching halt—the leave has been approved; I’ve got announcements out and back-ups in place at work; and others have adjusted their schedule to support me (my sister, specifically).
If I’m still sniffling in the morning, I’ll call Dr. Cincy’s office and see what they recommend.
Up until this development, I’d been doing pretty well. I really haven’t been getting panicky about the surgery at all, which surprises even me knowing how much of a nervous Nelly I can be.
Despite all that, I moved forward as if the surgery will happen and I did finish some last minute shopping today. Some fresh fruit and family packs of pork chops and chicken breasts. I individually wrapped and froze the meat so I can pull it out of the freezer as I need it.
I also made the leap and bought my first package of Depends adult diapers for when the catheter comes out and I get to regain control over my bladder. At least they had the little blue prostate cancer ribbon on the package so that if anyone said anything, I could point to it and say, “This is why.” No one said anything.
So I’m going to call it an early night, get as much rest as I can, and see how I feel in the morning. I’m supposed to stop eating tomorrow and start the bowel prep at 10 AM, so I’ll try to have a determination by then. I’d hate to go through all that, take two different types of antibiotics, and then have the surgery postponed.
I’ll do a bonus posting on the blog mid-morning to let you know the outcome. Nothing like a little last-minute drama to spice up the day, is there?